Easy Hot Cocoa in a Jar Gift Idea for Teachers (and Everyone Else)
‘Tis the season for hot cocoa and teacher gifts! This year we're making hot cocoa jars as gifts for my kiddos teachers.
This is super easy for the kiddos to make on their own. I'd suggest supervision for the little kiddos with step 2 below.
What you'll need for one
- 1 mason jar
- Chocolate chips
- 1 packet of hot chocolate powder
- Candy canes
- Crush the candy canes - I put the canes into a ziploc bag and used the mason jar to roll over the bag until the candy cane pieces were the size I wanted.
- Pour the packet of hot chocolate powder into the bottom of the mason jar.
- Pour the chocolate chips into on top of the hot chocolate powder.
- Pour in the candy cane.
- Put in the marshmellows.
- Close the lid.
- Optionally, you can tie a ribbon or string around the outside of the lid and attach a little tag with a handwritten note.
- Put into a gift bag with tissue paper or crinkle paper (any filler you like).
And that's it!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.