Last week was a full week of production. Woohoo! So all in all very productive. Completed some changing pads, blankets and burp cloths.
I was asked to make a custom order for twin girls due to arrive in a couple months, so I was working on that and finally completed them today. It’s my first twin set.
We decided that while the girls will be twins they should have matching blankets, but not necessarily exactly the same. The blankets are patchwork quilt tops, so they share one color the same and the other color is different. The back is dot minky from Shannon Fabrics.
I didn’t have the pattern for the burp cloths match the same exact pattern of the blankets. We wanted a little variety. So instead of doing the patchwork in squares, I decided to do vertical rows across. And I made them double sided with different fabric on each side. One side is patchwork quilt with cotton fabric. The other side is flannel. For absorbency, I lined each burp cloth with batting instead of a diaper cloth. End result of the burp cloths:
Here are the blankets with the burp cloths:
I’m pretty happy with them. Hope my customer will be too when she receives the sets in the mail next week.
Be on the look out: I’m going to attempt to post a real tutorial for the burp cloths later this week.
If you want to make the burp cloths on your own, you can check out the DIY steps in this tutorial.